The Prevention Education Program, funded by the State of New York Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services(OASAS), was developed to help prevent the spread of alcohol and other substance abuse in our society.
A program priority is working with youth in an effort to prevent chemical and alcohol abuse through education.
Research based educational programs are available for presentations to the school, colleges, and professional and non-professional community groups. Our services include:
- Pre-K to 5th Grade Classroom presentations using a nationally known curriculum “Here’s Looking at You”.
- Botvin’s “Life Skills Training” (grades 6-8).
- “Too Good for Drugs” – Elementary.
- One on One prevention education (assessment and referral).
- Sponsorship of and assistance with healthy alternatives events.
- Teacher in-service presentations.
- Tobacco cessation programs.
- Community-based prevention programs.
- Parent education programs.
- Employee education programs.
- Public awareness events.
- Problem gambling awareness.
- Responsible Server Training.
- Teen Intervene training.
- SBIRT training.
- Drug policy development in schools.
Prevention Committee Infographic of Services
Director: Kimberley Strauser
Address: 3084 Trapping Brook Road, Wellsville, NY 14895
Phone: (585) 593-1920 ext.719
Fax: (585) 236-8985