Responsible Beverage Server Training
Training is designed to give those who serve or sell alcohol and their employees a comprehensive server-training program without demanding hours of time.
Those who complete Responsible Beverage Server Training will:
- Learn how alcohol affects the brain.
- Be able to identify behavioral indicators used to assess a person’s level of intoxication.
- Learn about New York State Alcohol Beverage Control Law.
- Learn about personal liability.
- Learn about personal responsibility.
- Learn how to properly check identification.
- Identify potential underage customers.
- Learn how to properly document any incidents.
Participation in the training has many benefits. The training is designed to help anyone who is serving or selling alcohol to comply with the law. Participation may offer some protection from legal problems or lawsuits is an alcohol related incident occurs. In addition, some insurance companies offer discounts to businesses whole employees are trained.
Type of Trainings
Off-Premise – addresses issues such as an alcohol retail for grocery and convenience stores, as well as community-based events like fundraisers and festivals.
On-Premise – addresses more complex issues for owners, managers, and servers of bars and restaurants.
Location/Time – we provide several trainings per year and at special requests.
Cost – at this time, we offer the training at NO COST to Allegany County businesses and community planning committees such as, fire departments and public servants, as well as civic clubs.
Certifications – all participants will receive individual 3 year certifications when training is complete. Each training session lasts 2-3 hours.
Setup a Training
Contact Director of Prevention, Kimberley Strauser at (585) 593-1920 ext.719.